Government officials traveling through the US to a foreign destination may apply for the C-3 Visa. This visa will enable you to leave the airport and enjoy your surroundings. Your family members and personal employees may also apply for the C-3 Visa.
You may petition for the C visas in person or by mail. Please contact the USCIS Branch, US Embassy or US Consular office that has jurisdiction over the location of your home.
To apply for a C Visa, you must supply the following documents:
- A filled-in visa application Form DS-156. Separate applications for each person are required.
- Two recent photographs 1 & 1/2 inches square (37mm x 37mm) of each applicant, with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering.
- A passport, valid for travel to the United States for at least six months longer than your intended visit.
You must also prove the following:
- You are entering the US only to pass through in transit.
- You have enough funds to reach your proposed destination.
- You have a ticket or other means to reach your proposed destination.
- You have permission to enter the country of your final destination, if necessary.