C-2 Visa

Individuals involved in the United Nations may use the C-2 Visa to travel to the UN.


You may petition for the C visas in person or by mail. Please contact the USCIS Branch, US. Embassy or US. Consular office that has jurisdiction over the location of your home.


To apply for a C Visa, you must supply the following documents:

  1. A filled-in visa application Form DS-156. Separate applications for each person are required.
  2. Two recent photographs 1 & 1/2 inches square (37mm x 37mm) of each applicant, with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering.
  3. A passport, valid for travel to the United States for at least six months longer than your intended visit.

You must also prove the following:

  1. You are entering the US. only to pass through in transit.
  2. You have enough funds to reach your proposed destination.
  3. You have a ticket or other means to reach your proposed destination.
  4. You have permission to enter the country of your final destination, if necessary.